Feels like your internet connection is too slow for your needs, before paying some more money to your ISP for increasing your internet speed, there are some configuration steps that might increase your internet connection speed. Lets role:
1. If you are working with Microsoft's Internet Explorer, execute the following configuration steps:
1. Run Internet Explorer
2. Go to Tools -> Internet Options... -> Connections -> Lan Settings...
3. Uncheck all the checkboxes
* Note that this might help only if you are not working with dial-up connection.
2. Sometimes network sockets are malfunctioning, what makes the network connection be much slower.
In such case, WinSock XP Fix is a freeware tool which automatically fixes Windows network sockets.
3. See more tweaks using SG TCP Optimizer tools @ Netcheif's website.